I can't believe it's been so long since I last wrote. I've been busier than ever lately. I'm always gone on the weekends now with Rotary and I'm trying to wrap up my life here in the next two months. So sorry!
Last weekend I was on a Rotary trip, but get this, it was in Rotenburg an der Fulda. Strange huh? I thought so. I mean Rotenburg is very pretty, but it's a small city. It didn't end up mattering, because it was a Sport weekend. I'm still a bit sore, but it was soo much worse on Sunday. Oh man... We played all sorts of games, none of them were really sport sports like soccer or baseball. We did relays, were woken up at 7 am to go jogging! (Seriously! Completed with you have 10 minutes, 9 minutes, 8 minutes....1 minute!!) Oh man...it was boot camp, but it was fun. I met a lot of new people. It wasn't only our district who was there. A few more English speakers to, which was nice, because the only time I speak English is with my parents and sister back home.
On the last night the guys had to dress up as girls and the girls had to dress up as guys. It was really funny and it ended up being fun. I outfitted 4 guys. It was so much fun! We had a fashion show and threw our shyness out the door. (So if you see some manly pictures of me on Facebook that's why. hahaha)
We also had awesome weather which was a bit unbelievable. We went swimming in an out door swimming pool which was also nice. It was so nice laying out in the sun! The week started off warm, but it's cooled down somewhat.
I've been buying grammar books, normal German books, cd's, and anything else that can help me when I'm home so I don't lose my German. I think that's my biggest fear right now. I've worked too hard to loose it.
I've been reading up a storm lately. One book after another. It's hard to believe I was reading children's books in November, young adult books in February, and now adult books. Pretty cool! I'm loving living in a city again. OK there are only 30 000 people living here, but it's almost 3 times as big as the last city I lived in.
My last German course is tomorrow and next week I'm in Berlin with Rotary! Yay I am really really excited. You'll never guess what I just finished watching. Random I know...Dirty Dancing. I watched that for the first time last year. It's a fun movie.
In Gym class a few weeks ago we tried out something really cool. (No more hand ball, yes!!!!) It's a mix of a skateboard, snowboard, and surf board and it's called The Wave. At first I was thinking oh my goodnes...I have to stand on that thing?!?! I thought the teacher was nuts, but after playing around with The Wave for a half an hour I have to say that I love it. Check out this site for more details it's so cool!
http://www.streetsurfing.com
As I was walking through Bad Hersfeld today I wandered onto a little market. One of the stands was selling one of my favourite Christmas treats here. (Gebrannte Mandeln) They are warm carmeled sugar coated nuts. AMAZING. I need to find a recipe for them. I'll miss them too much otherwise!
Well I think that's all I really have to say. Stay tuned for my adventures of Berlin sometime after June 7. I'm so excited! Take care reader.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I visited the street surfing website. It looks so interesting! I was highly amused. Have fun in Berlin!
Yours,
Tannis
Hey!
The "wave" things looks super awesome, but really hard. They'd be a lot of fun to try. It's sweet that your getting to travel. Officially 3ish weeks for me to the end of high school forever!! So excited! All of us Reynolds are getting excited to see you in August.
-Steffi
Sounds like your life is going well. Nice to read about it again! I am so impressed with your mad German skill. Your blog always makes me feel guilty about my Turkish. I don't think you'll ever forget German, and if it does get a little fuzzy, it won't take long to bring back to the level you're at now.
Off to check for photos on facebook!
-Maeghan
Post a Comment