This is my school, in my school hahaha. I've been waiting for a blue sky to take a picture of the Jacob Grimm Gymnasium (my school), but so far it's only been grey. So I'm still waiting, but this is a pretty decdent art project showing what it looks like.
This is another piece of student artwork in the school that I just adore.
Here is a recent piece that a few kids at school did. I think it looks awesome.
Here is a picture of my blazer, of course it is far from finished, but I thought you'd like to see a few things that I added.
And these beauties I bought yesterday. The shoes I brought are sooooo beatup, I've been looking and looking for shoes, but found nothing that I liked. I mean they are literally falling apart now, so it's about time I found some. So I found these jems. I LOVE THEM. =) They also have decent grips and a good arch. =)
Friday night I went to see a Operation Walküre - Das Stauffenberg Attentat in the Badhersfeld movie theatre with my family and my next host family, plus Renato. I thought it was well done. Tom Cruise also did a good job, and I'm no Tom Cruise fan. It's about a group of people in Germany who tried to kill Hitler. Of course anyone whose gone through Social Studies in school knows that there is no way it could have succeeded because Hitler committed suicide. Anyways it was good and it was a piece of German history to boot.
On Saturday I was in my school for a few hours because Saturday was the Tag auf die öffnen Tür which pretty much means that it was a day for the school to show off and for parents of potential students to check it out and for all sorts of crazy things to happen. There was food, science experiments, drama games, singing, all of that jazz.
Later on my guest family and I went up to Kassel to go shopping. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did buy the MOST beautiful locket. I've always wanted one and now I found the perfect one. I also bought the Host by Stephenie Meyer in English and I'm really enjoying it. It was my treat to myself and a pat on the back for working so hard on my German.
I have also realized while living here that every once and a while it's nice to have a good cappucino. Yum...not every morning, but every once and a while. It's really great. =) Katrin and I didn't have any luck in the spring clothes department. Too bad! I can't believe that all of the spring clothes are out already! Katrin and I also stayed up really late talking and we both realized how good my German has become. We had a really good and long conversation in German. I was really proud.
Sunday was a fairly normal day. Katrin and I went on a long walk with Mira which was nice. I also SKYPE'd with my mom and my sister. I got to bed late and then before I knew it, Monday had come. The weather has been awful this week really wet and cold. Today it snowed, but that's a completely different story. It tried to blizzard unsuccessfully, but the snowflakes were huge and beautiful.
On Tuesday, yesterday, I went to my first day of my German course. There are enough people for it to run. I was thrilled. I was at school all day and then caught a train after school straight to Bad Hersfeld. I had 45 minutes before the class started, so I looked for some normal shoes and found some! You've already seen them! Then I went to class. The teacher was very nice, friendly, and encouraging. Her name is Frau Brill. I really like her. There were 6 other women including me and I found out one is only one year older than me. The rest are in their early forties. I left extremely motivated and happy.
I read Twilight in German on the train and was in a very good mood. I've been learning alone for so long. I'll keep doing that of course, but it's nice also to have a teacher and classmates. It's nice to have a little competition. It's motivating. Normally I would go on both Tuesday's and Thursday's, but until the plays finished I can only go on Tuesday's she said that was no problem, so that was also great.
Today of course I already mentioned that the weather is nuts, but other than that it's been a fairly normal day. Katrin is at her course so Johannes and I ate together for lunch. Now I've got all sorts of things I need to do this afternoon, one of them being writing this blog.
OH and one more thing. I was thinking as I was walking home today what it's going to be like going home and sleeping in my own bed. Usually one of the things people miss when they go on holidays is their bed and their pillow. I don't remember what mine feels like anymore. I wonder if it will still feel like >mine<.
5 comments:
" It tried to blizzard unsuccessfully" Heh! You sound Canadian.
I was just thinking about going home too (in mourning the fact that I won't be able to eat döner every day). And all the things that have always been normal and how weird it will be when they aren't.
I am soo proud for you and your German! Reading Twilight. Congrats. You motivated me to attack our school library, although my Turkish is waay behind your German.
Nice to see how good everything is going for you! Good luck with your course.
Great photos. I agree with your sentiments about the picture of the woman. Reminds me of Klimt's work.
Those shoes are awesome, now please bury your sneakers!
Mrm
.... don't worry about that pillow. Somone nabbed it on you!
Dad
Wow, that is some pretty awesome artwork!!
And maybe it did "blizzard" but you are just so Canadian that it didn't seem to compare. LOL.
That thing about your own bed is really true. It was funny because one of my host cousins came to visit at Christmas and after like a week she said, "I want to go home, I want to sleep in my own bed." I kinda wanted to scream at her, "I haven't slept in my oen bed in months and I'm not complaining, suck it up!!" And then I also stopped to think how I didn't really miss my bed....how I had pretty much forgotten it and adapted to my "new bed" lol.
Keep having fun!!!
Beijos!! (kisses) from
Emily in Brazil <3
Wie fein dass Du, Marita, nun den Deutsch-Unterricht hast.
Auch freue ich mich für Dich, daß es Dir in Deutschland so gut geht!
Grüße vom Rotary Club of Lethbridge East
Post a Comment